Re: MMC Driver RFC

From: Richard Purdie
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 19:06:44 EST

Ian Molton:
That depends whether the hardware already provides 0.5s of debounce
already. Some people do, some people don't. This is why it needs to
be left to the implementation and not a core issue.

Agreed. IIRC my toshiba PDAs *dont* provide a delay. OTOH they also provide *two* ways of detecting card presence...

I hadn't realised some devices had hardware debounce and now agree its not a core problem.

ISTR seeing a SD card doc at some point

The one I'm aware of is http://www.sdcard.org/sdio/Simplified%20Physical%20Layer%20Specification.PDF .

Well I *know* I never saw the specs from the SD forum. I hacve never reverse engineered a SDHC core driver either (I have reverse engineered a chip driver but it contained no SD *protocol* information.

as such my code should be 100% safe to commit to the kernel.

Having read things and talked to people (both before and since my posts on LKML), that is my conclusion as well.

PS. Richard - I am here - hope you receive this!

I did. Have my mails to you been getting through?

Richard