ATX Power Off(down) without APM. Is it possible?

From: peto
Date: Wed Jan 12 2005 - 04:14:58 EST

Dear kernel hackers,

I am to use RT Linux and it used kernel patch that requires kernel.org version of the kernel and APM and ACPI to be switched Off. But I am to Power Off my ATX machine when program finiseh, so I does not used RT Linux, yet. Can you recommend me how to do so, and hoe to do so correctly,please?
adding kernel parameters viac lilo as append="apm power-off" just switches power form HDD, but not form the ATX board (Via Apollo KT800 ans Athlon XP 2200 Thoroghbred). It prints just Power down and doest not "switch off" power. I was found in source this text but it was followed by call never declared funcion machine_power_down and it seems to be BIOS function.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you for any help

Yours faithfully

Peter Fodrek