Re: Unable to burn DVDs

From: Nick Sanders
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 16:58:22 EST

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 20:09, Sipos Ferenc wrote:
> Hi!
>
> For me, dvd writing works only when I run growisofs with root
> permissions (using 2.6.10 kernel, /dev/hdc without ide-scsi)

For me when running growisofs with user permissions on 2.6.10 (ide-cd) it
works perfectly 1st time but 2nd time fails with the error below. It works
fine when run as root.

:-( unable to PREVENT MEDIA REMOVAL: Operation not permitted

As an aside audio cd burning with cdrecord works as long as the '-text' option
isn't used, if it is the process hangs.

Nick