Re: starting with 2.7

From: Alan Cox
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 12:24:29 EST

On Llu, 2005-01-10 at 22:19, Dave Airlie wrote:
> kernel/userspace solution, and one is of little use without the other,
> if the kernel one is GPL and userspace one is closed source how do
> people sit with it? (uneasy?)

It would achieve nothing. It would still be undebuggable. We are far
better with the current R300 reverse engineering project until such a
point as ATI decide that R300 isn't valuable intellectual property any
more and will provide more information.

In many ways DRI is already superior on the older R2xx cards - it'll
play quake 3 without the computer crashing.