Re: Bad disks or bug ?

From: Ing. Gianluca Alberici
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 08:30:34 EST

Prarit,

I run 2.4.27 on all my machines.

Never had problems but this (if we want to say its not a disk problem)

I have seen on mailing lists many people having this very problem, always on hdb, with a lot of different kernel and machines.

I have basically two kind of cabinets:

- The 'Antec style' tower
- Racmount cases

Everything well cooled...i am sure bout that.

Always ASUS A7V, Athlon XP 2xxx+, NEVER OVERCLOCKED, of course...

Disks are mainly Maxtor, or IBM

Basically i was wondering whether to swap disks on a server just to try....

....These are the things that rave me mad !

Prarit Bhargava wrote:

Hi Gianluca,

How old is your kernel?
P.

Ing. Gianluca Alberici wrote:

Hello,

Very Interesting news from Massimo...

About the heat source, Mark, i thought about that, too, and hdb is always the
bottom (CS Enabled) device of rackmounts (so the colder one) , in front
of the usual ball bearing fans !!!!

I am beginning to believe all this deserves a more deep investigation...

Waiting for comments,

Gianluca