Re: User space out of memory approach

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 04:29:13 EST

Andrea Arcangeli <andrea@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 01:08:27AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > I have the original versions of these saved away but they generate a ton of
> > rejects now. When you sync them up to Linus's current tree could you pleae
> > resend them all?
>
> Can I trust the kernel CVS to be uptodate?

I don't know - I've never used it. Others might know.
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.5/testing/cset/ is always
up to date. The problematic patches were merged three days ago though.

> I normally use it for such
> things but I'd prefer to be sure that I can trust it before risking
> wasting time (it has been unstable recently and I so I was working with
> patches in the meantime).

No huge rush - any time in the next week or two would suit. I'd expect
-rc1 within the next week anwyay.

Thanks.