Re: vfat unlink latency 54.6ms for 128MB files

From: OGAWA Hirofumi
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 18:54:32 EST

Robert Hardy <rhardy@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Thanks for your patchset.tar (in another thread) from:
> Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:02:14 +0900.
>
> Based on the patch above, is an additional cond_resched() call required
> somewhere in your 2004/12/30 patchset?
>
> In your 2004/12/30 patchset, if I am reading it correctly, fat_free seems to
> have moved from cache.c to file.c and the code isn't similar enough for me
> to see where a cond_resched() could be added.

Yes. For that patchset, need to add the similar code to
fat_free_cluster() in fs/fat/fatent.c.

err = fat_write_entry(sb, &fatent, FAT_ENT_FREE);
if (err)
goto error;
if (sbi->free_clusters != -1)
sbi->free_clusters++;

cond_resched(); <--- add this line
} while (cluster != FAT_ENT_EOF);

> Perhaps you have already have a newer patchset?

Yes. I added the 8~10 patches to patchset. However, current patchset
can't compile temporarily. Sorry. Please wait for next weekend.
--
OGAWA Hirofumi <hirofumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>