Kernel panic Attempted to kill init while intercepting close syscall

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Mon Jan 10 2005 - 01:34:41 EST

Hello linux-experts,
I am intercepting syscall in kernel 2.4.28. While,
I was intercepting close() syscall, I got the
following message:
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init !
I have also attached the code here. What could be
the problem? I am storing files opened in a hash table
and then while a particular file descriptor is closed,
I am calling find_pipe_fd to clean the associated
structure in my hash table.

Thanks,
selva
----------------
void find_pipe_fd(unsigned int fd)
{
unsigned long tfd, tinode, hashkey;
unsigned int taccess;
struct list_head *p, *taskp;
struct resource *my;
struct my_process *my_task;

tfd = (long) fd;
tinode = getinode(tfd);
taccess = READACCESS;

//Evaluate for read access resource descriptor
hashkey = eval_hashkey(tfd, tinode, taccess);
printk("\nHash key evaluated..[%ld]",hashkey);
/* Clean the memory using kmalloc */
}

static int my_sys_close(unsigned int fd)
{
int ret,err;
unsigned int tfd = fd;
MOD_INC_USE_COUNT;

ret = sys_close_saved(tfd);

/*Upon successful close find and delete the file
descriptor resource from the hash table */

if (ret == 0)
find_pipe_fd(tfd);

MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT;

return ret;