Re: starting with 2.7

From: Indrek Kruusa
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 20:29:13 EST

I want Linux to be a popular OS. Linus I wouldn't be surprised if he
doesn't care, because Linux isn't a business (though some businesses are
for all intents and purposes basically Linux)

Of course at moment there are no signs of decreasing in Linux oriented market, but still:
- absolutely everything exists due to the users - if there are no users left then the "thing" is dead. Well, for Linux it is enough to have two users, e.g. IBM and SGI and current development model (example of finest OS > simple usability) will end up just there.
In the other hand, of course, we do not want usable OS as example of biggest BS(tm). So somewhere in between should be the agreement. But if there are so many voices against then we are not in between. OK, voices are not equal in their strength :)

Indrek