Re: make flock_lock_file_wait static

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 17:47:30 EST

su den 09.01.2005 Klokka 19:42 (+0000) skreiv Arjan van de Ven:
> Hi,
>
> the patch below makes flock_lock_file_wait static, because it is only used
> (once) in fs/locks.c. Making it static allows gcc to generate better code
> (partial or entirely inlining it, gcc 3.4 also optimizes the calling
> convention for static functions which are guaranteed only local to the file)

Veto. That function is also there for those filesystems that need to
mirror their locks in the VFS. I believe the GFS people are already
using it (they implemented all this anyway), and sooner or later, NFS is
going to have to do it too...

Cheers,
Trond
--