remove Attach another file remove Attach another file remove Attach another file USB mass storage not always detecting my 1GB PQI intelligent stick

From: mama Smurf
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 11:27:23 EST

Hello,

my 1 GB PQI Intelligent Stick is often not beeing used by mass storage
driver when I plug it.

>From a fresh reboot it works, I see:
Jan 9 16:54:43 parachute kernel: usb 1-3: new high speed USB device
using ehci_hcd and address 2
Jan 9 16:54:43 parachute kernel: scsi0 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass
Storage devices
Jan 9 16:54:48 parachute kernel: Vendor: I-Stick2 Model:
IntelligentStick Rev: 2.00
Jan 9 16:54:48 parachute kernel: Type: Direct-Access
ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Jan 9 16:54:49 parachute kernel: sda: Unit Not Ready, sense:

then a lot of other stuff, and I can use it.

But if I unplug/replug it, it's not longer detected as mass storage
device. I can see 3 new USB devices detected when I plug it:
kernel: usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 6
kernel: usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 4
kernel: usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 5

But it's no longer beeing detected as mass storage.

I have other USB 2.0 keys which are working perfectly. Moreover this
USB key seems to work properly on some other machines/OSes

In the attached file, full log and result of lspci.

Roseline