CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2<tripleX> looks dead - could it be removed ?

From: Alessandro Suardi
Date: Sun Jan 09 2005 - 00:49:51 EST

Hoping that this time the gmail filter doesn't bounce my subject (doh)

Said entry only appears in defconfigs, but doesn't seem to be actually
used by anyone - at least according to this grep:

[asuardi@incident linux]$ find . -type f | xargs grep
CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX | grep -v defconfig
./drivers/scsi/Makefile:obj-$(CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX) += qla2xxx/
./include/linux/autoconf.h:#define CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX_MODULE 1
./.config:CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX=m
./.config.old:CONFIG_SCSI_QLA2XXX=m
[asuardi@incident linux]$

Moreover, there doesn't seem to be any entry in kbuild menus to
turn it off. Even taking it out of my .config and running oldconfig
brings it back in.

--alessandro

"And every dream, every, is just a dream after all"

(Heather Nova, "Paper Cup")