Re: POSIX ACL's with NFS

From: Andre Tomt
Date: Thu Dec 30 2004 - 05:46:13 EST

Rogério Brito wrote:
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:46:38 +0100 (MET), Jan Engelhardt
<jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

config NFS_FS
tristate "NFS file system support"
depends on INET
select LOCKD
select SUNRPC
select NFS_ACL_SUPPORT if NFS_ACL

Are you using any external patches for getting ACL support in NFS? I'd de
highly interested in those. I already tried googling but nothing
enligtening was found apart from the http://acl.bestbits.at/ site. :-/

Thanks for any pointers, Rogério Brito.

<http://acl.bestbits.at/nfsacl/> contains the most recent available patches. I have a few build-fixes pending to submit to Andreas though, but those are just gcc-2.95 stuff. And you have to fix up one or two patch rejects on anything recent from kernel.org..

It got submitted for inclusion on LKML some time ago, and got a few kinks ironed out in that process. Not sure why it hasn't been included yet..

I'm using this set of patches on 2.6.10 and have not noticed any problems using it to date. SuSE seems to ship with them too, so it probably have had a lot of usage/testing out in the field.