Need hardware (chip) guru

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 21:13:09 EST

Greetings;

I've read through the Intel pdf doc sheets on the Intel 82c55 about 4
times now, looking for clues, but everything about the control
register seems to be write only. Their logic diagrams don't even
acknowledge the existance of the control register.

Is there anyone here who can tell me how to read the current status of
the ctl register in an 82C55?

The std inb(ctl_address, byte); is returning 0xff regardless of what I
write with the corresponding outb statement <10 microseconds in front
of the read.

I hate trying to program stuff this badly blinded by what appares to
be a hardware limitation. ):>8

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)