Re: Real-time rw-locks (Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption,-RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.32-15)

From: Lee Revell
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 16:44:01 EST

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 17:23 +0100, Esben Nielsen wrote:
> I am afraid NVidia cards and preempt realtime is far in the future :-(

Not necessarily. I am sure many of Nvidia's potential customers want to
do high end simulation and that requires an RT capable OS and good
graphics hardware. If many people end up using RT preempt for high end
simulator applications, like several who have posted on this list, then
it seems like it would a good fit.

Lee