Re: kernel BUG at fs/inode.c:1116 with 2.6.10-rc{2-mm4,3-mm1}[repost]

From: tabris
Date: Tue Dec 28 2004 - 02:33:55 EST

On Friday 24 December 2004 10:54 am, Vladimir Saveliev wrote:
> Hello
>
> On Fri, 2004-12-24 at 18:31, tabris wrote:
> > >
> > > Are you using quotas?
> >
> > Yes, I am using quotas.
> >
> > > What filesystem types are in use?
> >
> > I'm using reiserFS and XFS mostly, with one ext2 partition (/boot,
> > mounted -o sync)
>
> Would you please try to reproduce this problem with:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=reiserfs&m=110381606727976&q=p3
Using the patch mentioned above, 14 hours uptime and no BUG yet. more
stress testing needed however before I can declare all is well.

On an unrelated note, enabling lapic (tho my board doesn't seem to have
an IO-APIC) causes some prefm/mdkkdm to not start properly.

Also, w/ or w/o lapic, shutdown freezes on the stopping of CUPS.
Everything is still alive, but CUPS never shuts down so I have to use
SysRq-B to reboot.

--
I thought my people would grow tired of killing. But you were right,
they see it is easier than trading. And it has its pleasures. I feel