Re: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable

From: Martin Dalecki
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 18:18:20 EST

On 2004-12-27, at 00:01, Florian Weimer wrote:

* Martin Dalecki:

Simply storing the first hostname used in a dot file for subsequent
reuse on client side, would be even easier I guess.

You mean localhost.localdomain? 8-)

No the first value that worked in the whole setup of course. And I said it clearly that would
be just a workaround because uniqueness can be established in the easiest way on the side of
the part which is interested in the persistency - the server peer not the client.
"Simple" http servers do it by sending cookies around. Other call it "tokens".