Re: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable

From: Chuck Ebbert
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 08:44:06 EST

Larry McVoy wrote:

> The interesting thing is that the code already has a backup in it and I just
> checked that code path and it works.

Huh. The first time the lease renewal hung up and I hit ctrl-C when it
didn't seem to be working (tcpdump showed a series of unanswered SYNs.)
Later I let it run to completion and it must have worked, but since there
was no output from the program I assumed it had just failed silently like
some other bitkeeper commands will do. Then the Christmas morning mayhem
hit and I didn't have any more time to play with it.

You should output a confirmation message when 'bk lease renew' succeeds.

--
Please take it as a sign of my infinite respect for you,
that I insist on you doing all the work.