Is there any more special purpose sockets in Linux kernel 2.6

From: Park Lee
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 00:53:10 EST

Hi,
As we know, the Linux network component creates two
special purpose sockets for use by the AF_INET
protocol family. The tcp_socket is used to send resets
when a TCP packet is rejected, since there may be no
local socket corresponding to the packet. The
icmp_socket is used to send ICMP messages.

Now, Is there still only the two special purpose
sockets (i.e. tcp_socket and icmp_socket) in Linux
kernel 2.6 for use by the AF_INET protocol family for
those packets that have no local socket corresponding
to them?
Do all other packet (which is going to be sent out)
have a local socket corresponding to them
respectively, except those packets which use the above
special purpose sockets?
And, as for a packet which is received, Is there a
local socket corresponding to it on the receiving
machine?

Thanks in advance.

=====
Best Regards,