Re: lease.openlogging.org is unreachable

From: Larry McVoy
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 22:11:51 EST

The interesting thing is that the code already has a backup in it and I just
checked that code path and it works.

Has anyone else been shut down because of lease.openlogging.org being down
and if so what version of BK were you running please?

It is true that both servers are at our offices so if the network had been
down you would have been out of luck. We'll create some more backups and
scatter them around the US, that's no problem. But if the logic in the
code to get them is busted then we need to fix that.

Things should be stabilized now, the machine went up and down a few times
after my last "it's OK mail", it turned out we had a dieing ethernet card;
it's been replaced and we seem stable now.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com