Re: dma errors with sata_sil and Seagate disk

From: raz0
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 16:04:47 EST

Hi,

I was wondering whether you know how this bug is dealt with in the siI Windows
drivers. Are they also using some fix that limits the performance? I remember
my friend pulling a file via a cross-over cable (ie: no switch) with some
26megs/s, so I guess not? Would you be so kind to explain this to me? :)

I'm running 2.6.10-rc3 with the blacklisted ST3120026A on the SiI 3512A
controller. When I try 'hdparm -t /dev/sda', I get this:

raz0:/home/morten# hdparm -t /dev/sda

/dev/sda:
Timing buffered disk reads: 46 MB in 3.08 seconds = 14.94 MB/sec
HDIO_DRIVE_CMD(null) (wait for flush complete) failed: Inappropriate ioctl
for device

Is this the same bug? I haven't noticed any problems other than the hdparm
one.

Please CC me if you reply; I am not on the list.

Morten