Re: Trying out SCHED_BATCH

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Sat Dec 25 2004 - 06:42:27 EST

Rajsekar wrote:
I would like to try out the SCHED_BATCH. Unfortunately, I am not able to
find a patch for my kernel. Could someone enlighten me on this?

I am running 2.6.10-rc1-mm2 with staircase scheduler patch. My `uname -a'
output is:

Linux rajsekar.pc 2.6.10-rc1-mm2staircase #2 Sat Dec 4 10:49:31 IST 2004 i686 AuthenticAMD unknown GNU/Linux

Only the staircase scheduler currently has an implementation of sched_batch and you need 2 more patches on top of the staircase patch for it to work. The most current version for 2.6.10 you can get with this patch sequence from the latest -ck patchset (or you could just use the full -ck patch)

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/2.6/2.6.10/2.6.10-ck1/patches/

2.6.10_to_staircase9.2.diff
schedrange.diff
schedbatch2.6.diff