Re: A problem with xconfig

From: George Anzinger
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 22:41:46 EST

Sam Ravnborg wrote:
On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 02:31:57AM -0800, George Anzinger wrote:

It used to be so but was addressed in a patch to scripts/kconfig/Makefile
a few weeks ago. Do you see it with latest -linus / -mm?

Gosh, did I do that. Forgot to say it was the 2.6.9 kernel. Am I the only one using xconfig??

No - but the fault only happens when you are starting from a fesh tree.
Running mrporper would not delete the old .so file (kbuild 'lost' knowledge
of it). So most people have just untarred a new kernel on top
of the old one and it still worked.

Yeah, we are using "quilt" in a big way now and it like to start with new trees.

Also the reason why I failed to fix it in the first place. xconfig and gconfig
worked even after mrproper - because the .so file survived.

Sam

--
George Anzinger george@xxxxxxxxxx