Re: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 20:26:53 EST

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 16:57 -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> This isn't even a "fix". It's a cleanup. It goes under the same rules
> a spelling fix does.

So you don't see a long-term technical benefit in cleaning up the
API/ABI we export to userspace so that userspace stops depending on
stuff which just isn't supposed to be there? It's all just cosmetic
masturbation as far as you're concerned? There's no point in trying to
get to the point where we don't need to separately maintain a
glibc-kernheaders package because it can be taken directly from the
kernel?

--
dwmw2