Re: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__

From: Mariusz Mazur
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 18:46:19 EST

On środa 01 grudzień 2004 00:03, Al Viro wrote:
> > Wrong. These dirs must be linked to /usr/include so they must have more
> > meaningfull names.
>
> WTF? I've got a dozen kernel trees hanging around, which one (and WTF any,
> while we are at it) should be "linked to"?

Linked, copied, mount --binded, whatever. Just not under the
name /usr/include/user, but something more meaningfull.

And to directly answer your question: you'll 'link' the newest kernel you've
got around (we all know linux doesn't break abi compatibility, so the newest
kernel will be fully compatible with all other kernel lying around, right? :)

--
In the year eighty five ten
God is gonna shake his mighty head