Re: Real-Time Preemption, -RT-2.6.10-rc2-mm3-V0.7.31-7

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 11:47:39 EST

* Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Done that.
>
> New XRUN traces are attached, while running RT-V0.7.31-15 now.
> However, I don't seem to get any notorious difference on the results,
> since previous ones. All latencies traced ca. 26-27 usecs.

hm, weird. Next idea: could you activate trace_freerunning and change
the alsa_driver.c count hack to do:

if (!count) {
gettimeofday(0,1);
count = 1;
}

this means that tracing will only be activated once, and the tracing
goes on non-stop from that point on, up until the first xrun, at which
point the full tracebuffer is saved. Ok?

Ingo