Realtek RTL8180 based WiFi cards

From: Marek Vašut
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 11:25:41 EST

Hi guys,

Sorry for my English...
I would like to ask you, if you know something about the RTL8180 based WiFi
cards (for example D-Link DWL-510 [802.11b]) support i Linux kernel.
Are there some patches? Are you plaining to add this support?
Can you please tell me, who may I ask.
I saw some drivers on sourceforge (rtl-ppd/rtl-8180) and on realtek driver
page. The first project didn't released any files yet, the second won't
compile on my kernel-2.6.8.1 and the third are binary drivers for 2.4.x
kernel.
Now, I'm supposed to use NDISWRAPPER, which is pretty ugly (using drivers for
one unmentioned OS)
I'm not a programmer.
Please help me.
Thank you.