Re: odd behavior with r8169 and pcap

From: Terry Griffin
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 19:05:16 EST

On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 15:18, Francois Romieu wrote:
> Terry Griffin <terryg@xxxxxxxxx> :
> [...]
>
> Ok, thanks for the info. It may sound like voodoo, but...
>
> Could you pass acpi=off to the kernel and disable whatever acpi
> or USB option appearing in the bios ?
>
> --
> Ueimor

It was already voodoo with pcap in the causal loop. So more
voodoo doesn't have the thrill it might have otherwise.

Passing acpi=off did the trick. Throughput is at the higher rate
with or without pcap monitoring. I did not have to change any BIOS
settings.

More info previously promised:

- Removing one of the RealTek adapters did not help.
- The problem still exists in 2.6.10-rc2 and 2.6.10-rc2-bk13.

Terry