Config files that aren't mach_defconfig...

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 17:24:51 EST

Hi Sam,
I've just finished porting Linux 2.6 to a new ARM board, that needs
a custom initramfs list. My approach was to set
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE to point to
"$(srctree)/arch/arm/configs/pleb2_initramfs" in the appropriate
defconfig for the board, as it's a default configuration item; but
Russell asks if there isn't a better place for a per-board default initramfs
script to live?

What I'd like is for the appropriate default -- for this board --
script to be carried around and updated with the other configuration
files, somehow.

--
Dr Peter Chubb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately, the political takes *forever*