Re: Suspend 2 merge: 9/51: init/* changes.

From: Nigel Cunningham
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 17:50:50 EST

Hi.

On Sun, 2004-11-28 at 00:21, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Pavel Machek <pavel@xxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Given it is not too intrusive... why not. Send it for comments.
> >> I probably will not use this myself, so you'll need to test/maintain
> >> it.
> >
> > This shouldn't be necessary. Since the resume is being initiated by
> > userspace, it can perform the function of name_to_dev_t and just feed
> > the numbers to the kernel. The code to do that is still in Debian's
> > initrd-tools.
>
> Good point. Ok, what's the best way to present this to userspace? Add a
> /sys/power/resume and then echo a major:minor in there?

If you're ever going to add swapfile support, you're also going to want
to be able to specify the blocksize and block at which the swapheader
begins.

Regards,

Nigel
--
Nigel Cunningham
Pastoral Worker

You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ
died for the ungodly. -- Romans 5:6