Re: Is controlling DVD speeds via SET_STREAMING supported?

From: Thomas Fritzsche
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 13:57:28 EST

Hi Parsi,

I updated the program to use O_RDWR ( http://noto.de/speed/speedcontrol.c )
and tested it with 2.6.10-rc1, but it's always works fine for me (also
with O_RDONLY / this should only prevents you sending command to the
device without permissions).

Sorry I'm running out of ideas :-(. Maybe your device do not support the
SET STREAMING command!? But if you received this sence message it means
that your device also do also not support the "classic"
ioctl(fd, CDROM_SELECT_SPEED, speed) call. Strange!
Do you have a media in the drive? What?
Do you also receive error messages with setcd -x [device]?

Thanks and regards,
Thomas Fritzsche