Re: [RFC] Splitting kernel headers and deprecating __KERNEL__

From: Andreas Steinmetz
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 08:26:45 EST

Arnd Bergmann wrote:
#ifdef __x86_64__
#include <asm-x86_64/byteorder.h>
#else
#include <asm-i386/byteorder.h>
#endif

I think we can get rid of this hack when we move to split kernel headers.
parisc, s390 and mips already have combined headers, and it should not be
too hard to combine the user ABI headers for sparc, ppc and x86_64 as well,
without having to merge the complete architecture and kernel header trees
for them.

If you can produce merged x86/x86_64 ABI headers this would be a nice solution.
--
Andreas Steinmetz SPAMmers use robotrap@xxxxxxxx