Re: usb-storage/HAL oddity in 2.6.10-rc?

From: Greg KH
Date: Sat Nov 27 2004 - 01:22:29 EST

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 11:38:30AM +0000, Eamonn Hamilton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since I started using 2.6.10-rc kernels, my usb flashdrive only seems to
> be partially detected by HAL. It shows up fine in dmesg, the device is
> detected and the partitions recognised, however in the HAL device
> manager it shows as a SCSI host interface, without the volume being
> detected underneath it. This all works fine on 2.6.9 running the same
> kernel options.
>
> Anybody got any ideas, before I go compiling kernels to find out where
> it changed?

This is a known HAL issue. Please see the HAL mailing lists for more
details.

That being said, hotplug stuff did change in the kernel recently, but
it's still not completly finished changing to get this all worked out.
I think the HAL people have a workaround for the current situation.

thanks,

greg k-h