Re: Suspend 2 merge: 10/51: Exports for suspend built as modules.

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 23:44:08 EST

Hi!

> The sys_ functions are exported because a while ago, people suggested I
> use /dev/console to output text that doesn't need to be logged, and I
> also use /dev/splash for the bootsplash support. These functions were

Well, we don't do ascii-art on kernel boot and I do not see why we should do it
on suspend. Distributions will love bootsplash integration, but it should stay as a separate
patch.

See swsusp1... it has percentage printing, and I think it should
be possible to make it look good enough.

Why do you need sys_mkdir?

Pavel

--
64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51 time=448769.1 ms