Re: AMD64: GPF in sys32_lstat64 call path

From: Andi Kleen
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 21:45:25 EST

Jan Kasprzak <kas@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I've got the following GPF on my quad-opteron HP DL585.
> The process in question was "save" from the Legato Networker
> suite (i.e. 32-bit binary) doing nightly backup. The system
> is pretty stock RHEL3, except that kernel has been upgraded
> to 2.6.8.1. The server was almost idle at that time except for the
> "save" Networker process. The server currently acts as NFS server.
> Root FS is ext3, and there are three XFS volumes over LVM on an array
> behind a Qlogic FC HBA. More information is available on request.

0: 48 89 50 08 mov %rdx,0x8(%rax)

and rax is 0x5e03d1f6c831e2ad, which raised an uncanonical address
general protection fault.

Someone corrupted memory and the linked list of slab objects is broken.
Most probably some driver. You can enable slab debugging (will slow down
the machine) and see if that turns up something.

-Andi