Re: Suspend 2 merge: 34/51: Includes

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 20:48:13 EST

Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I can see that it might look that way, but it's actually fundamental to
> the support for building as modules (which is required for LVM &
> encryption), and has been really helpful in creating clear distinctions
> between the different parts of suspend. It also provides a clear method
> for someone to add support for their new wizz-bang storage method or
> compressor.

I'm not entirely clear on this. Surely all that's needed for LVM and
encryption support is for that to be set up in userspace and then allow
userspace to trigger a second attempt at resume? I have a hacky patch
for swsusp that allows that (at the moment it just adds a "resume"
method to /sys/power/state), which gives you the functionality without
the module pain.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.linux-rutgers.kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx