Re: pcnet32: 79c976 with fiber optic

From: Alan Cox
Date: Fri Nov 26 2004 - 18:34:12 EST

On Mer, 2004-11-24 at 17:14, Guido Guenther wrote:
> it works fine. Any idea what exactly causes the problem?

I've no idea whether the workaround is simply not supposed to be used on
fibre devices (I'm suprised the driver works on fibre full stop 8)). Its
certainly possible to do a cleaner change though even if nobody can work
out why.

Use lspci -v to find the subvendor/subdevice ID for the particular board
assembly and then skip the fixup for that device alone. That should let
you produce a diff that is safely mergable