Re: [2.6.10-rc2] XFS filesystem corruption

From: Prakash K. Cheemplavam
Date: Thu Nov 25 2004 - 02:30:50 EST

Eric Sandeen schrieb:
Prakash K. Cheemplavam wrote:

Nathan Scott schrieb:

Did you see
any of those device errors since switching to ext3?

No. That's why I am wondering. I read about such errors like I got before in lkml and usually they were not fs related but libata siimage driver related. It could be just a coincidence that it came up with xfs, but till now (I guess 5 days now, though not 24/7 running) ext3 is behaving nicely.

It's almost certainly not a filesystem problem, but an IO layer problem. Maybe you only see it with xfs due to different disk IO patterns with xfs vs. ext3... the two will certainly be allocating & writing to the disk in different ways.

Hmm, OK. When I have some hd space again. I might try to reproduce this error. Whom should I bug then if it reappears?

Cheers,

Prakash