Re: 2.6.10-rc2 and x86_64; spontaneous reboots

From: David Ford
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 17:26:52 EST

Oddly, yes. Or almost yes since I haven't measured it exactly. The typical reboot is right around five minutes of uptime. The three times that I did watch /proc/uptime, right around the 2nd column going to 300 seconds is when it rebooted.

-david

Michal Schmidt wrote:

David Ford wrote:

Is anyone else experiencing spontaneous reboots within a few minutes of bootup? (If the system survives past the first 10 minutes, it stays up for a long time, but it reliably does an instant reboot with no panic or other indication a good 9 out of 10 times. The system is purely idle, nothing going on. memtest86+ runs for hours with no failures.

Do the restarts occur exactly 5 minutes after bootup? That would indicate a problem with jiffies overflow. Probably some buggy driver.

Michal