Difference wait_event_interruptible and interruptible_wait_on

From: Hendrik Wiese
Date: Wed Nov 24 2004 - 09:24:17 EST

Hello,

I'm porting a device driver from 2.2.14 to 2.6.7 and I got some problems doing this...

one of them is the following:
I know that a call to interruptible_wait_on puts a process into sleep state and that wait_event_interruptible does the same. But the difference is that wait_event_interruptible needs a condition to pass to wake up the processes. I do not need that mechanism since I wake up the processes at other places inside my driver with wake_up_interruptible calls. So how do I get a function similar to interruptible_wait_on where no condition is needed using kernel 2.6?

Thanks a lot and please CC me, 'cos I haven't subscribed to the LKML yet.

Kind regards,
Hendrik