Compact Flash - simulating a card

From: Justin Patrin
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 17:58:03 EST

I am not currently subscribed to this list as I figure I'll be shunted
to another anyway. Please CC me on replies to this thread. If I should
be asking "someone else" whether it be another list or group, let me
know.

I currently have a Sharp Zaurus with OpenZaurus on it. I'm trying to
connect a device to the CF slot. Would is be possible to fake the CF
"startup"? I.e. connect a dumb device (which does not understand the
CF spec itself) but have the kernel able to pass certain requests on
to it? I have tried connecting the device and it sees it (as I've
hooked up the detection pins) but something times out. Sorry, I don't
have the exact message at the moment.

--
Justin Patrin