Re: oops with dual xeon 2.8ghz 4gb ram +smp, software raid, lvm,and xfs

From: Phil Dier
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 10:57:32 EST

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:17:25 -0800
Andrew Morton <akpm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> yow. The dread combination of XFS, LVM, software RAID and bloaty scsi
> drivers. Looks like a stack overrun.
>
> Can you rebuild the kernel with CONFIG_4KSTACKS=n?

Thanks for the suggestion.. I'm doing a burn-in right now with 8k
stacks, and so far, so good.

I'm building this system with stability and flexibility foremost in
mind. Am I foolish in using all of these technologies with a new-ish
version of 2.6? Is there a particular version that would be better
suited for my application? Any other suggestions you (or anyone else
on the list) could give regarding stability would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--

Phil Dier (ICGLink.com -- 615 370-1530 x733)

/* vim:set noai nocindent ts=8 sw=8: */