Re: Umbrella-0.5.1 stable released

From: Simon Burke
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 10:02:57 EST

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:48:13 +0100, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23 2004, Kristian Sørensen wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > We are pleased to inform you that Umbrella 0.5.1 is now released. This is a
> > very stable release, which has been tested on our workstations for 6+ days
> > continously.
> >
> > Get the release here:
> > http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/umbrella/umbrella-0.5.1.tar.bz2?download
> >
> > The strategy of the further development of Umbrella is to have
> > * STABLE and well tested Umbrella as patches
> > * UNSTABLE bleeding edge technology in the CVS module umbrella-devel
> >

> > We have lots of new stuff and optimizations in the CVS, which slowley will be
> > applied and tested before getting realeased as patches. Currently we have
> > these in the CVS:
> > * New, small and efficient bit vector
> > * New datastructure for storing restrictions
> > See this thread for details:
> > http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5886152&forum_id=42079
> > * Restrictions on process signaling
> > * Authentication of binaries (still under development for the 0.6 release)
>
> And umbrella is?

Umbrella for handhelds implements a combination of process based
mandatory access control (MAC) and authentication of files for Linux
on top of the Linux Security Modules framework. The MAC scheme is
enforced by a set of restrictions for each process.

*apparently* (i just copied out the sourceforge description).

--
Theres no place like ::1

Thanks,
SimonB