Re: Priority Inheritance Test (Real-Time Preemption)

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 07:34:22 EST

* Ingo Molnar <mingo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > From realfeel I wrote a small, simple test to test how well priority
> > inheritance mechanism works.
>
> cool - this is a really useful testsuite.

FYI, i've put the 'blocker device' kernel code into the current -RT
patch (-30-7). This makes it possible to build it on SMP (which didnt
work when it was a module), and generally makes it easier to do testing
via pi_test.

The only change needed on the userspace pi_test side was to add -O2 to
the CFLAGS in the Makefile to make the loop() timings equivalent, and to
remove the module compilations. I've added a .config option for it too
and cleaned up the code.

Ingo