Re: Stupid question

From: Nix
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 07:13:55 EST

On 23 Nov 2004, Gene Heskett yowled:
> On Monday 22 November 2004 09:32, P@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>> Greetings;
>>>
>>> Silly Q of the day probably, but what do I set in a Makefile for
>>> the -march=option for building on a 233 mhz Pentium 2?
>>
>>http://www.pixelbeat.org/scripts/gcccpuopt
>
> Thanks very much. Obviously someone else needed to scratch this itch
> too. This should produce the correct results when running on the
> target machine. Here, it produces this:
> [root@coyote CIO-DIO96]# sh ../gcccpuopt
> -march=athlon-xp -mfpmath=sse -msse -mmmx -m3dnow

... which is peculiar, as -mmmx -msse is redundant, as is -mmmx -m3dnow,
and all three of those flags are the end are implied by -march=athlon-xp
anyway.

(-mfpmath=sse *is* useful on non-64-bit platforms, though.)

--
`The sword we forged has turned upon us
Only now, at the end of all things do we see