Re: file as a directory

From: Dirk Steinberg
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 04:12:47 EST

On Monday 22 November 2004 19:52, Hans Reiser wrote:
> Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> >(Hint - "file as directory" broke a number of programs that didn't
> >expect that a file *could* be a directory, when run on a reiser4
> >filesystem...)
>
> It broke extraordinarily few.

I know from personal experience that it *does* break Acrobat Reader,
which, unfortunately, is binary-only and also a programm that I
use quite often. For me this means I cannot use reiser4 (as root fs anyway)
without metas disabled.

How about making metas a mount option? Right now disabling metas
requires patching the source.

/Dirk Steinberg