Re: ide-cd problem

From: Alan Chandler
Date: Tue Nov 23 2004 - 02:17:00 EST

On Monday 22 November 2004 23:48, Alan Chandler wrote:
> If I make the delay 600ns it works - I guess my hardware is a little off
> spec.

I did a binary chop on the value to find the cut off point between what works
and what doesn't. Its approx 535ns (534 failed, 537 worked).

All this was with 2.6.9,

2.6.10-rc2 is still failing during the cd initialisation on boot. Here I
tried with bot 600ns and 700ns delays in drive_is_ready, but both values fail
with what looks like missed interrupts. I'll try instrumenting this a bit
more to find out what is happening.

--
Alan Chandler
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx