Re: file as a directory

From: Tomas Carnecky
Date: Mon Nov 22 2004 - 12:38:48 EST

Helge Hafting wrote:
I recommend looking at archived threads about file as directory,
you'll find many more arguments. Currently there is one kind
of support for archive files - loop mounts over files containing
filesystem images. These are not compressed though.

Isn't reiserfs trying to implement such things? I've read that in some next version of reiserfs one will be able to open /etc/passwd/[username] and get the informations about [username], like UID, GID, home directory etc.

Still true? And when can we except such a version of reiserfs?

tom