Re: (yet another) probable GPL violation [inexq]

From: Jonathan McDowell
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 19:17:40 EST

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 11:42:57AM +0100, Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> The Inexq ISW054t is a 802.11g broadband router with 4 port switch. It's
> getting quite popular due to its low price. I suspect that it runs linux, yet
> comes with no mention of the GPL. I've emailed Inexq (the company formerly
> known as Unex) but they haven't replied.
>
> You can download the firmware from : ftp://ftp.inexq.com/Drivers/ISW054t.zip
>
> The zip contains a file
> ISW054t-S1-200712T3.img which `file` identies as "PPCBoot image"
>
> strings shows:
> Uncompressing Linux...
> Ok, booting the kernel.
> UNEX-GISL-T-L2-200712T3_U.bin
>
> Theres a gzip image at offset 0x2048 which unpacks to 1.8MB :
> dd if=ISW054t-S1-200712T3.img bs=8264 skip=1 |zcat >
> UNEX-GISL-T-L2-200712T3_U.bin
>
> I've searched for the usual magic numbers but can't find the root fs. Any
> pointers would be appreciated.

Did you ever get anywhere with this? The ISW054u (like the t but with a
USB port AFAICT) looks pretty much like the sort of hardware I want to
play with, but without source it wouldn't be much use to me (I need
IPv6 and Speedtouch USB support added).

J.

--
Revd. Jonathan McDowell, ULC | noodles is used in pad thai