Re: Linux 2.6.9-ac11

From: Chuck Ebbert
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 01:02:06 EST

Alan Cox wrote:

> 2.6.9-ac10
> o Error path locking fix for appletalk (Andries Brouwer)
> o Further binfmt_elf work (Jakub Jelinek)
> o Fix oops in visor driver caused by DoS fixes (Roger Luethi)
>
> 2.6.9-ac9
> o Error out on early exec before rootfs (Chris Wright)
>
> 2.6.9-ac7
> o Apple Ipod-mini size reporting fix (Avi Kivity)

These are all merged in 2.6.10-rc now.

> * Disable PnP BIOS when using ACPI (Adam Belay)

This one causes a compile error in -ac only:

drivers/pnp/pnpbios/core.c:541: error: `acpi_disabled
undeclared (first use in this function)

> * Backport netlink updates/fixes from 10rc2 (Herbert Xu,
> Dave Miller)

Ouch. Is all that really necessary?

> o On some platforms the flashing keylights (Alan Cox)
> riggers bogus keyboard warnings. The error
> appears from other stuff too like keyboard
> switches so kill it

Now I'm glad I removed it long ago. :)

The md linear fix by Neil Brown I sent you a day or so ago is
now merged in 2.6.10.

--Chuck Ebbert 20-Nov-04 00:55:27